NKL Scraps and Living on Parker Street

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Old Blog re-run from April 2009


It's pretty embarrassing when they laugh at you at McDonald's

Ok.  If it were that we went to McDonald's, a lot, to eat, that would be one thing.  Or even if we knew someone working there.  But we aren't known for those kind of things.  Nope.  Every time we go through the drive through, we see people pointing and laughing, and here's why... 
Bill is always the driver, and I go along as his interpreter for the microphone.  He can't hear well enough to do this thing on his own, so I help.  Well...  most of the time.  We usually order ice cream cones.  That's how we portion control our ice cream.  Any way, we went there for sandwiches one day.  I ordered a cheeseburger, and Bill, with a very sincere and clear voice  ordered " a Big and Nasty."  I kid you not!  All we heard in reply was that big guffaw!  Poor man looked bewildered, and I am just about falling out of my seat I am laughing so hard.  Then a sheepish voice comes back over the intercom "I thought you were joking. You want a big and tasty?"  By the time we got to the first window, the gal was laughing so hard she was crying.  By the time we got to the second window, everyone was laughing.   I still laugh uncontrollably every time I think about it! 
OK.  That was 2 months ago, and still, each time we go there, they laugh and point at us!  Of course, all I have to do to get Bill laughing is to say the words Big and Nasty, so it isn't shocking that they all still think it is funny, too.  It's still embarrassing.
 March 2013 update:  They are still laughing at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment