NKL Scraps and Living on Parker Street

Monday, March 18, 2013

Huh.  I guess I live an ordinary, yet amusing life.


I think it's true.  I think nothing happens to me that doesn't happen to others, I just happen to think that things are funny, and since I have few filters, I end up telling everyone I know all my embarrassing secrets.  Yesterday, while at our small group, I felt something scratching my neck.  We were studying Matthew 11, and it was really interesting, but I couldn't help myself.  I had to check out what was going on with my neck.  My hand touched my collar, and it felt like a bee sting, or a nasty spider, so I did a discreet freak out.  I flipped my collar over, and got bit again.  By now I had every one's attention, and what was in my collar?  A #2 fish hook tied on a short piece of leader!  Because it was barbed, I couldn't pull it out.  How did I get a fishhook in my collar?  I had even ironed this top that morning!  All I can come up with is that I got the fish hook in my shirt while in the washing machine, or Bill (once again!) used my ironing board to gather his fishing gear.  Either way, I didn't notice the hook until we were in the middle of Bible study.  Oh yeah, that was lady like.  Nothing says Sunday Small Group like the host coming after you with a wire cutter!

  Since nothing really interesting, but the fish hook, has happened since my last post, I was going to look for another blog re-run.  There are some I like, but I ran into this video, and because I love it, and because it is powerful, I thought maybe I would just share this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment